Friday, March 29, 2013

Pharmacy Administration Test This Morning - I Feel Like Crying

Soooo... We had the Pharmacy Administration test this morning and I feel awful. So bad indeed that I feel like crying.

As I have mentioned earlier, I am under a tremendous amount of stress recently. This stress compounded with an untreated anxiety disorder (which has previously been managed by appropriate stress relieving techniques) has made it very difficult to sleep, and this lack of sleep seems to be causing a mild depression.

That being said, I studied for this test, admittedly not quite as hard as I would have liked due to time constraints, pretty thoroughly and completely. I spent all of my free time this week going over the materials, again, again, and again.

So this morning I arrive for the test with a little over an hour to study.  I proceeded to look over everything one more time. I feel prepared yet nervous. I really want to do well, so I am worried about my test performance.

We get the test. I fill out my scantron carefully "bubbling" in my name and ID number.  I open the test to the first page... "ok these aren't too bad" I think to myself as I read each question, ponder the answer and mark it on my sheet. Then we get to page 2. THE HORROR!!!! These questions I remember looking at the material, and can recall some basic information, such as the difference between a balance sheet and an income statement. However, I cannot recall enough information to recall the correct answer to questions such as "which of the following is found on a balance sheet?" "which are components of the expanded accounting equation?" Now I am getting frustrated.  I know I studied this! Why can't I remember?! I circled every question on that page, signifying that even though I put an answer that was my best guess, it was that, a GUESS. I continued on circling many more questions.  Then I get to the last 3 questions. The home stretch. I am almost DONE! Alas, they are calculations, and I can't remember a single calculation that I need to answer the question.  so i proceed to guess at the equations and put various numbers in my calculator to try to arrive at the answer. Nothing is working. after several minutes I give up.  I then proceed to do something I haven't done since high school: CHRISTMAS TREE. yes folks, I had so little clue as to how to arrive at the correct answer, I randomly picked answers and wrote them down.

There is no way I am making an A on this test. This stinks because I need straight A's this semester to raise my GPA. I need a higher GPA so when I go to get a residency, I will be competitive, and may just get a spot. 

I am going to listen to this lecture on molecular signaling, then eat an omelet at Ihop, go home, cry, and study for the next nest next week.  Today, I am frustrated with my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment