Monday, May 13, 2013

How Pharmaceutics Lab and Emulsions Almost Made Me Cry

This last week in Pharmaceutics lab we made emulsions.  Everything started out fine. I gathered the ingredients mixed them in the appropriate manner and began mixing it immediately.

 My emulsion looked superior from the start. All of the others were lumpy and had clumps and mine was smooth and beautiful.
after Stirring and stirring and stirring mine looked the same. All of the other people's started to look better and mine still looked the same. At this point I am starting to get frustrated.  Soon everyone's is finished except mine, which still looks the same.  My friend Kevin offers to stir mine for a while to see if he can get it. Nope. So I add a bit of water and continue stirring. Soon everyone is finished with their second one and mine still looks the same. At this point I am about to cry I am so frustrated. I am covered in oil, my desk is a mess, and everyone is finishing up and I am still stuck on my first one. So I pour some more water in because what the heck it is probably ruined anyway, and lo and behold, it works an my emulsion is finished.

I then start on my second one. The second one came on perfectly and there was no issue. The first and second emulsions were the same, just different methods, the wet and dry gum methods.
 I was so frustrated this was the only picture of my emulsions finished I remembered to take

Then there was a third emulsion which you took lime water and olive oil and put them in a bottle and shook them up. That was super easy

Here are my finished emulsions
I have zero idea why my emulsion put me in such a bad mood.  It must be all of the stress I am under.  Well the semester is almost over which means SUMMER BREAK!!!  which for me means working but it will still be nice to give my brain a tiny break!

Stay healthy Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment