Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pharmaceutics Labs Over The Last 2 Weeks - Powders, Gels, and Eye Lubricants

 POWDERS

In lab this week we made three different powders, individually wrapped headache powders, an effervescent powder, and a calamine dusting powder

Headache powder

My ingredients for the powder
 
Me Mixing and breaking down the particles to a fine smooth consistency 
The measured out dose of the mixture
The next few pictures are of me packaging this powder

Effervescent Powder

The ingredients needed

Me mixing and breaking down the particles.  This powder must be passed through a #40 sieve.
The powder on the sieve
The powder after being sieved

Testing the powder after it is finished.  In theory the patient would add the powder to water and drink it. 


















Dusting Powder

This powder contains calamine and is meant to be dusted on the skin to relieve itching and calm the skin.

The ingredients needed
Mixing and breaking down the powders to a uniform consistency via geometric dilution
The finished product in a dusting container
Gels and Eye lubricant

 Ingredients needed

Sifting the methylcellulose
weighing the sifted methylcellulose
The Weighed methylcellulose
Kevin stirring the Gel
Me stirring the Gel
Pictures of our gel


















Pouring the gel in the RX bottle

Since this is the last REAL lab day I wanted to take some pictures of all of my work
The creams and a suppository open


Me and my babies.  I am so sad to see them go!

 
Getting ready to throw all of my hard work away
Apparently this is what my work is worth! Non-hazardous TRASH!


All in all I had a great time in lab this semester.  I made a lot of things, learned a lot of things, and laughed with friends.  I had some rough times but I adore getting hands on and making something.  I really found this lab enjoyable

Stay healthy Lovelies!

2 comments:

  1. Okay this is dorky of me but I am tickled over how cool this is. LOL Glad you are learning lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw these comment. LOL yeah this was one of my favorite labs. It was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete